Canon EOS R5 is the 45 Megapixel full-frame Mirrorless camera with an 8k video recording capability. It has got next-generation dual pixel autofocus and an amazing stabilization with varieties of lenses.
It can also shoot 10-bit HDR photos and videos. This camera is designed for advanced amateurs and professionals. This EOS R5 mirrorless is the successor for the Canon 5D DSLR camera. At its looks, it will take over the 5 series in the market.
Canon EOS R5 Specifications
- Full-frame 45MP Dual Pixel CMOS sensor
- Oversampled 4K up to 30p, Up to 4K/120p
- 8K video, -Raw or 10-bit 4:2:2 C-log or HDR PQ
- 12 fps / 20 fps bursts
- Dual Pixel II AF system, 100% coverage with human and animal detection
- fully articulating touchscreen, 3.2″ 2.1M-dot
- 120fps max refresh rate, 5.76M-dot OLED EVF
- 1x UHS-II SD slot, 1x CFExpress slot,
- HEIF format, 10-bit HDR photos
- Bluetooth and FTP connectivity, with 2.4/5Ghz Wi-FI
- (using EVF) CIPA rated 320 shots
- Weather sealed like 5D Mark IV
This camera will be available in the market by the end of July 2020. The Canon EOS R5 price will be $3899 (Body only) and $4999 with RF 24-105MM F4L lens.
There are lots more things to dive in so let’s check forwards for more information about this game-changing camera.
Body, Handling and Control
We think R5 will work for all, but few many expect more. EOS R5 is an ergonomically well-built camera. Till now it is the best among all the Canon DSLR and Mirrorless cameras.
The main features:
- Three dials and direct AF control with excellent overall ergonomics
- Similar weather sealed like Canon 5D MarkIV
- High-resolution viewfinder and
- LCD can run at high refresh rates
- Updated Battery life
- UHS-II SD and CFExpress and card slots offer a mix of speed and compatibility.
In terms of ergonomics, the canon users will find it comparable and customizable. Its is sealed similar to canon 5D Mark IV
Overall ergonomics well-built camera that you will love to hold in your hand.
Fv ‘Flexible Priority’ mode
The R5 has included the Fv known as Flexible Priority more. It was first seen on EOS R.
Viewfinder and LCD
R5 has come up with a large viewfinder and LCD. The rear LCD is fully articulated with 3.2” with 2.1 dots. You may need to boost bright in the daylight.
Menus and customization
The menus are the same as the earlier canon high-end cameras. This time Canon has made it a bit simpler to access the buttons.
It has got an amazing Auto ISO. The auto ISO of this camera is what it should be in modern days. To make it more advanced with ISO it has lower and upper limit ISO. Where you can Specify the Shutter speed limit before boosting the ISO.
Battery and Storage
The Canon EOS R5 and R6 are using a new battery “LP-E6NH”. It has two card slots. CFExpress slot and one UHS-II SD card slot.
A final thought on Initial reviews
Canon EOS R5 is best for advanced amateur and professional photographers. This is the flagship full-frame mirrorless camera. Which is built to be used for high-end production units. The 8k video will be the game-changer in the market.
This camera is far lighter than 5D MarkIV and it looks smaller than it.
Stay tuned for more such reviews and latest news